If you would like to have a canvas print produced from your own already developed photo it needs to be scanned. We offer this service free of charge, with any order. Especially if you require substantial magnification of your photo it is best to send it to us. However if for any reason you'd prefer to do it yourself, here is a few tips how to do it best.
- Make sure that the glass in the scanner is clean and free from smudges and dust, it is much easier and quicker to clean the glass than spend hours to retouch in Photoshop,
- If your photo has been folded and has got some creases and is uneven - put something heavy on the top of it to flatten them out,
- Use your scanner software. It is best to leave all advanced options for colour correction off - it would be done much better by human than a machine.
- For printing on canvas we will need at least 72 dpi at final output size. Please have a look at canvas resolution guide for some more info. In practice for canvases smaller than 30" 600dpi from 7"x5" should be sufficient.
- For anything bigger please use 1200 dpi.
- If available use 16 bit option in your scanner software.
- Even when scanning for black & white canvas it is still better to scan in colour. Again - converting to b&w by human is going to be a lot better than automatically by the software.
- Save your final file in a .jpg format and upload using our canvas prints ordering system.